Hi all,

I have a few broad questions on how log deletion works, specifically in
conjunction with the log.retention.time setting. Say I published some
messages to some topics when the configuration was originally set to
something like log.retention.hours=168 (default). If I publish these
messages successfully, then later set the configuration to something like
log.retention.minutes=1, are those logs supposed to persist for the newest
settings or the old settings? Right now my logs are refusing to delete
themselves unless I specifically mark them for deletion -- is this the
correct/anticipated/wanted behavior?

Thanks for the help!

--

Jiefu Gong
University of California, Berkeley | Class of 2017

jg...@berkeley.edu <elise...@berkeley.edu> | (925) 400-3427