Take a look at secor:

https://github.com/pinterest/secor

Secor is a no-frill kafka->HDFS/Ingesting tool, doesn't depend on any
underlying systems such as Hadoop, it only uses Kafka high level consumer
to balance the work loads.  Very easy to understand and manage.  It's
probably the 2nd most popular kafka/HDFS ingestion tool (behind camus).
Lots of web companies use this to do the kafka data ingestion
(Pinterest/Uber/AirBnb).