Hi Adrian,

Another alternative approach is to use Kafka's own Copycat framework for
data ingressing / egressing. It will be released in our 0.9.0 version
expected in Nov.

Under Copycat users can write different "connector" instantiated for
different source / sink systems, while for your case there is a in-built
HDFS connector coming along with the framework itself. You can find more
details in these Kafka wikis / java docs:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=58851767

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/confluent-files/copycat-docs-wip/intro.html

Guozhang

--