That thread is describing my exact experience.
The last reply is in June. Has anything changed? Are we supposed to stop
trusting JMX and try to use borrow or integrate with Consumer Offset
Checker? Shouldn't the documentation reflect this matter as I am sure
everyone will try to use JMX first since the docs say that is how to
monitor.

--
Allen Michael Chan