I'm looking for help with a question regarding measuring of producer
request latency.
I expected that "producer.request-latency-avg/max" will do a good job for
me. But seems that if latencies less than 1ms in most cases, this metric
will emit NaN(as it doesn't support float values).
We need this metric for monitoring purpose.

Is there any way to producer request latency statistic without adding
callback or blocking of Future from KafkaProducer.send(...) method?

P.S. Technically, we could treat NaN from "producer.request-latency-avg"
metric as a special case in our monitoring tool, but it will required some
specific configuration only for this metric.

Thank you,
Alexey