Hi Cees,

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Cees de Groot <c...@pagerduty.com> wrote:

> FWIW we're using the new consumer in production. 0.9.0.0 had some glitches,
> but we haven't had issues with 0.9.0.1. YMMV, of course.

That's good to hear. We believe 0.9.0.1 to be a solid release indeed. Even
so, we are still debating whether to remove the beta label for the new
consumer for 0.10.0.0.

With respect to upgrading, as far as I understand, the Big Thing in 0.9 was
> the new consumer code, and in 0.10 will be Kafka streams. So the big
> upgrade for a regular consumer should be 0.8 -> 0.9, everything should work
> the same in 0.10 (at least, that's my expectation. We'll see whether I'm
> wrong ;-))
>

>From an API perspective, this is true. However, 0.10.0.0 introduces
timestamps and that changes the message format on disk (the old format is
stll supported as well). So, the broker side involves some planning as well.

Ismael