On 6/1/16, 11:53, "Gwen Shapira" <g...@confluent.io> wrote:

> Currently this is not part of the DSL and needs to be done separately
> through KafkaConnect. Here's an example:
> http://www.confluent.io/blog/hello-world-kafka-connect-kafka-streams

Ah, I see! Thank you! And thanks for the super-fast reply!

> In the future we want to integrate Connect and Streams better, so you could
> do something like "builder.stream(..).fromCassandra()" and
> "stream.toElastic()" and a connector will be added that does the "last
> mile" of data integration.

That sounds great!

In the meantime, while I understand that Connect is the recommended approach
for this sort of thing, I’d like to avoid learning two frameworks
simultaneously if possible — and not just for me, but also for my team; is it
possible to use the low-level Streams API to implement the sources and sinks
I’ve described? And if so, is it possible to integrate sources and sinks
defined with that lower-level API with a topology defined with the DSL?

Thanks so much!
Avi

Software Architect @ Park Assist » We’re hiring!