Hi Avi,

Using the low-level streams API you can definitely read or write to arbitrary
locations inside the process() method.

However, back to your original question: even with the low-level streams API
the sources and sinks can only be Kafka topics for now. So, as Gwen mentioned,
Connect would be the way to go to bring the data to a Kafka Topic first.

Thanks
Eno