On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 11:45:13AM -0600, Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Dory sounds very exciting. Without persistence its less useful for clients
> connected over a WAN, since if the WAN goes wonky you could build up quite
> a queue until it comes back.

I was thinking the same thing.  My first thought was to see what the LOE
would be to implement some sort of spill-over process, where if the
preallocated memory segment is exhausted it could spool data to disk.
When connectivity to the brokers is back it could then de-spool data and
produce it back to the cluster.  I could see this being something worth
persuing if you are handling data that is critical for financial
reasons (as opposed to data used for non-financial reporting or
metrics).

-pete

--
Pete Wright