Thanks, I forgot to mention that all my consumers (sarama go consumer) have the
same groupid. And I would like the “starvation” to happen to 2 of my 3
consumers. and yes my topic really have single partition.

I am getting unique message to each consumer.

 So somehow all three consumers are sharing one partition. Does it effect that
I have replication factor of 3?

I am just puzzled what could be the reason. Any pointers?

Regards,
-Rami