Hi kafka folks,

I've written some code to test Kafka brokers using the Kafka 0.9 API (I
need Kerberos support).

It appears the 0.9 API is trapping broker connection refused exception at a
lower level and retrying in a loop (visible only at debug log level), when
I actually want it to fail and raise the exception to my client code so I
can report the result.

Is there any way to get the Kafka 0.9 API to preferably raise the broker
connection refused exception straight away up to my client code or to set a
short timeout for how long it retries the conection in order to force the
tester to fail fast?

Thanks

Hari