From: Eldredge, Dee
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 10:47 AM
To: 'users@kafka.apache.org'
Subject: MirrorMaker replication...

I need a solution that will mirror a topic to a remote location that avoids
cycles and a topic per region issue.

This solution would require EXACTLY two topics regardless of how many regions
(datacenters) it replicates to.

I would like the initial producer (P1) to write to only a local (L1) and remote
topic (R1).  I would like MirrorMaker (M1) to read from the remote topic (R1)
and write to the other regions local topic (L2).  The other region in kind
would write using (P2) to its local (L2) and remote (R2) and a separate
MirrorMaker (M2) would replicate its remote (R2) back to the other regions
local (L1).

If I add a third region, I would just need to add another MIrrorMaker to
existing regions and another to replicate from third back to existing.

-------------------------------
REGION TOTAL: 2
-------------------------------
P1 -> L1, R1