David's answer is correct. Just start the same application multiple
times on different nodes and the library does the rest for you.

Just one addition: as Kafka Streams is for standard application
development, there is no need to run the application on the same nodes
as your brokers are running (ie, applications instances could run on any
machine outside of your broker cluster).

Of course, it is possible to run the application on broker nodes. Just
wanted to point out, that there is no co-location required between
brokers and app instances.

-Matthias