After an hour: it briefly popped up with 1 instance 'applied' to all 10
partitions... then it went back to rebalance for 10-15 minutes.. followed
by a different instance on all partitions.. and then more rebalancing..

At no point (yet) have I seen the work get truly 'balanced' between all 5
instances.