Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not super familiar with the inner workings of Apache's Maven
repos, so I can't explain why we do things the way we do. I followed
the same process on all Apache projects I was on (Kafka, Sqoop,
Flume). Do you know projects that do things the way you suggested?

Either way, may be worthwhile to start a different discussion thread
about RC releases in Maven. Perhaps more knowledgable people will see
it and jump in.

Gwen

--
Gwen Shapira