Hi

I read the documentation here:
https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#security_ssl

I have few questions about trust store and keystore based on this scenario:

We have 5 Kafka Brokers in our cluster. We want our clients to write to our
Kafka brokers in a secure way. Suppose, we also host a private CA as
mentioned in the documentation above, and provide our clients the *ca-cert*
file, which they add it to their trust store.

1. Do we require our clients to generate their certificate and have it
signed by our private CA, and add it to their keystore?

2. When is keystore used by clients, and when is truststore used by clients
?

Thanks.