When building these kinds of tests I always just orchestrated my producers
and consumers to spit metrics out somewhere easy to collect.  Never looked
for a ui/tool to do it before.

Assuming good NTP configs (sub ms accuracy), I would typically put timing
data into the key portion of the messages (message create time) on the
producer.  On the consumer I would read that create time and compare to
system time to report on latency.
Throughput on both sides is simple to track.  I use yammer metrics (
http://metrics.dropwizard.io/3.2.3/) typically as you can wire some of
those up and get awesome details.  Just turn on the console reporter for
the easiest start.

Its not much code to put out a repeatable test with the metrics you care
for.  The only other test I'd look to add is scaling producers and
consumers, that's where kafka really shines. :)

Hope that helps some.