Hi Stas,

Thanks for reporting this. It would be helpful to have JIRA with more of
the server logs on the leaders and followers in the time leading up to this
OutOfOrderSequenceException.

The answers to the following questions would help, when you file the JIRA:

What are the retention settings for this topic? Is it configured for
compaction? Compaction and deletion? What is the retention.time.ms setting?
What is the retention.bytes setting? What messages are being written to the
topic? Particularly, do they have a create time explicitly set by the
application?

Thanks,
Apurva