Hi David,

Thank you for your replay! Presumably I wasn’t clear in my previous post. Here
an example to visualize what I'm trying to figure out:

Imagine we have a data flow propagating massages through a Kafka-Cluster which
is happen to consist of 3 brokers (3 partitions, 3 replica). If one of those
brokers goes down, Kafka does two things:
- Broker rebalancing
- Rebalancing the consumer within a group

Now when marathon starts the failed broker again, some messages could get
duplicated or missed… That is exactly what I would like to avoid (requirement).
Make sense?

Does someone have experience with Kafka on DC/OS + Marathon on a production
environment and supports Exactly-Ones Semantic?

Which case would you recommend?
1. Kafka on DC/OS + Marathon using Mesos private nodes  (+ microservices on the
public nodes)
2. Kafka on separate DC/OS-Cluster ? i.e. micro services have a different DC/OS
Cluster
3. Kafka -Cluster on its own

Cheers,
Valentin