Hi there,

Working in a huge compony we are about to install Kafka on DC/OS (Mesos) and
intend to use Marathon as a Scheduler. Since I am new to DC/OS and Marathon, I
was wondering if this is a recommended way of using Kafka in the production
environment.

My doubts are:
- Kafka manages Broker rebalancing (e.g. Failover, etc.) using its own
semantic. Can I trust Marathon that it will match the requirements here?
- Since our Container Platform - DC/OS is going to be used by other „micro
services“ - soon or later this is going to raise a performance issue. Should we
better use a dedicated DC/OS instance for our Kafka-Cluster? Or Kafka-Cluster
on its own?
- Is there something else we should consider important if using Kafka on DC/OS
+ Marathon?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Valentin