Hi,

I have some questions about the configuration of the Kafka Connect REST
interface.

1) What are the configuration options rest.advertised.host.name
and rest.advertised.port useful for? The documentation says "If this is
set, this is the hostname that will be given out to other workers to
connect to." - does this mean that the workers actually talk with each
other through the REST interface? I thought that they coordinate through
Kafka brokers and the REST is only for users.

2) Is there some way how to secure the REST interface? I would be thinking
SSL encryption and possibly also SSL client authentication. In the docu,
the SSL related configuration parameters seem to be there only to connect
to Kafka brokers, but not for the REST interface. Unless there is something
hidden (and undocumented), I would probably raise a KIP because it seem to
me as valuable feature.

Thanks & Regards
Jakub