Hi,
I'm having the same setup as Dimitry, I've experienced exactly the same
issue already 2 times this last month.
(the only difference with Dimitry's setup is that I have librdkafka 0.9.5
clients.

It's like if the __consumer_offsets partitions were not synced but still
reported as synced (and so the syncing would never be restarted/continued).
I've never experienced that on Kafka 0.9.x or 0.10.x clusters.
the 0.11.0.0 cluster when it happened got upgraded to 0.11.0.1 in hope it
fixes this.

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 5:35 PM, Manikumar <manikumar.re...@gmail.com> wrote:

> normally, log.retention.hours (168hrs)  should be higher than
> offsets.retention.minutes (336 hrs)?
>

> On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 8:58 PM, Dmitriy Vsekhvalnov <
> dvsekhval...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Ted,
> >
> > Broker: v0.11.0.0
> >
> > Consumer:
> > kafka-clients v0.11.0.0
> > auto.offset.reset = earliest
> >

> > On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 6:24 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > What's the value for auto.offset.reset  ?
> > >
> > > Which release are you using ?
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 7:52 AM, Dmitriy Vsekhvalnov <
> > > dvsekhval...@gmail.com>

> > > re-consume

> nodes

> > > group