> If you create a partitioned topic with at least 3 partitions then you will
> see your client connect to all of the brokers.  The client decides which
> partition a message should go to and then sends it directly to the broker
> that is the leader for that partition.  If you have replicated topics, then
> the brokers themselves will also be connected to one-another in order to
> replication messages.

Thanks. So if I create three brokers all pointing to the same
Zookeeper instance, then define

offsets.topic.replication.factor=3
transaction.state.log.replication.factor=3

the brokers will find each other via Zookeeper and dynamically created
topics (which is all I've used so far) will be properly replicated?
Should I also bump transaction.state.log.min.isr above 1?

Apologies for such basic questions. I'm still trying to absorb the
documentation related to overall architecture and broker specifics.

Skip