On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 1:48 AM Matthias J. Sax <matth...@confluent.io> wrote:
> I see what you are saying -- this is what I meant by eventual
> consistency guarantee.

Understood.

> What is unclear to me is, why you need to re-group the KTable? The issue
> you describe only occurs for this operation.

The transactions I need to aggregate have a different primary key (tx
id) than the resulting exposure (account #, security id). Each
transaction also carries the (account #, security id) attributes, but
they aren't unique. If I understand correctly, I need to regroup if
I'd like to aggregate on (account #, security id). If there is an
alternative approach without re-grouping, I'm more than happy to try
it.

Thanks,
Thilo