Hi Liam,
as a DB guy  that does MSSQL (on windows, obviously) I literally have
no idea what a .sh file is,or what that would imply. I guess it's bash
so yeah.
But what's so terrifying about actually stating in the FAQ that you
should not run it as production on windows?
Why should I conclude that kafka on windows, with java (which is
supported on windows), and a filesystem (which windows has), and
reliable networking (ditto), doesn't work?
When is "just read the code" ever an acceptable answer?
Why should I lose 3 days just because someone couldn't put "don't do
it" in the FAQ (which I did read), and also have other people need to
ask here whether windows is supported?
Why?
This is just nuts.

cheers