From: Jose Lopez <joseariaslo...@gmail.com>
Sent: 25 April 2019 16:34
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: [Streams] TimeWindows ignores gracePeriodMs in windowsFor(timestamp)

Hi all,

Given that gradePeriodMs is "the time to admit late-arriving events after
the end of the window", I'd expect it is taken into account in
windowsFor(timestamp). E.g.:

sizeMs = 5
gracePeriodMs = 2
advanceMs = 3
timestamp = 6

| window | windowStart | windowEnd | windowsEnd + gracePeriod |
| 1           | 0                   | 5                 | 7
                           |
| 2           | 5                   | 10               | 12

Current output:
windowsFor(timestamp) returns window 2 only.

Expected output:
windowsFor(timestamp) returns both window 1 and window 2

Do you agree with the expected output? Am I missing something?

Regards,
Jose