Hi,

I have created a class implementing Deserializer, providing an implementation
for

public String deserialize(String topic, Headers headers, byte[] data)

that does some conditional processing based on headers, and then calls the
other serde method

public String deserialize(String topic, byte[] data)

What i'm seeing is that kafka-console-consumer only uses the second method when
a value deserializer is specified. Is there a way to force it to invoke the
first method, so i can do processing with headers ? I tried implementing the
deprecated 'ExtendedSerializer' but it does not make a difference.

Thanks,
Jorg