Don't think that option is available there, specifying 'value.deserializer' in
my consumer-config.properties file gives

[2019-11-11 15:16:26,589] WARN The configuration 'value.serializer' was
supplied but isn't a known config.
(org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.ConsumerConfig)

Does there exist a description of what properties the consumer-config
properties file accepts ? I could find only a few references to it in the
documentation.

Jorg