Hi All,
I hope we are well aware of the critical bug in windows where kafka crashes
when we delete a topic. This affects other areas too like in stream
processing when trying to reset a stream using StreamsResetter.

Right now only workaround I have found is to stop zookeeper and kafka
server and manually delete directories and files containing streams, topics
and offset information.

However doing this every time is kind of unproductive.

I see that there are multiple critical bugs logged in JIRA
around the same issue.

I would like to know by when would the fix be available?
I see that there have been multiple pull requests issued around fixes of
these issues.

I wanted to know if one or more pull requests need to be merged to get the
fix out or if there is something I can try config wise to have some
workaround for this issue.

Please note that there can be few of us who might be using windows in
production too, so this fix is highly important for us.

Please let me know what can be done to address this issue.

Thanks
Sachin