Hi both,

It’s been going around for a long time, but Kafka is officially not fully
tested and verified for Windows. The disclaimer is on the official site.
Windows servers are easy choice because a lot of infrastructures are on
Windows and a lot of businesses are dependent on those infrastructure. That
said, the forward way is highly likely to be on the cloud using some
orchestrator (Cloud Foundry) or IaaS provider e.g. AWS.

Also, Windows OS has proprietary settings on file systems which is the root
cause of this problem, so Kafka is out of scope for that. I would suggest
that you move to a Linux or UNIX like architecture (if at all possible)

Regards,