From: Sönke Liebau <soenke.lie...@opencore.com.INVALID>
Sent: Wednesday, 18 March 2020 1:12 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mirrormaker 2.0 and compacted topics

Hi Pirow,

records at the same offset as in the original topic is not possible for non
compacted topics either, that is one of the major constraints of
MirrorMaker.

Compaction doesn't change offsets of messages, so in theory should behave
the same as a non compacted topic, unless of course you miss messages as in
your scenario.

Additionally, as compaction is triggered individually by each cluster, the
topics might contain different numbers of messages per key at any given
time. This should not be relevant for a compaction use case, but can be
good to keep in mind.

Best regards,
Sönke

Pirow Engelbrecht