I echo what Michael says here.

Another consideration is that logos are often shrunk (when used on slides)
and need to work at lower resolution (think: printing swag, stitching
socks, etc) and so whatever logo we come up with needs to not be too fiddly
in the level of detail - something that I think both the current proposed
options will fall foul of IMHO.