Okay. Thank you very much for the  information. If it's not too much
trouble can you provide any existing implementations for reference?

Also, I would like to ask about the LDAP implementation of kafka. Is it
true that we have to write our own ldaphandler in order to use LDAP with
apache kafka? Or is there any apache version of ldaphandler jar available
with kafka? I read that only the confluent enterprise version comes with
required classes for ldap implementation.
Thank you.

Regards,
Sai chandra mouli

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-297%3A+Externalizing+Secrets+for+Connect+Configurations