Hi,

> Torbjorn Zetterlund wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We got a problem when testing wap-push, we thought we did the right
> thing by following the manual in details. But it seems we may have
> misunderstood something during the way.
>
> We took the sample pushkannel.conf file an modified to fit our
> internal testing, basically replacing all ip with localhost, we
> running on a localhost with no internet connection. Everything runs up
> ok, we start the test_ppg_server -p 10022 and execute the test_ppg -q
> http://localhost:10022 content.txt control.txt .
>
> content.txt and control.txt is in accordance to the default values
> shown in the manual.

Can you send these ? What version are you using ?

> Every time we run the test_ppg we get the same error
> Debug: TEST_PPG Push 0 done: reply from
> http://localhost:10022?username=foo&password=bar
> Entity: Line 1: error: Start tag expected, '<' not found
> hello, world
> ^
> warning: PaP Compiler pap-compile pap message
> warning Test-PPG receive_push_reply: cannot compile pap message

Some other server is interfering (hello world server perhaps)

> My question are:
> Is this error caused by the system not finding the "content file"
> In the Kannel configuration file pushkannel, there is a reference in
> the SMSC part of the configuration to a send-url . What do we enter
> here, our local sms gateway that will send out the wappush over an sms
> message.

Pushkannel.conf uses HTTP SMSC, it is, it makes a http request for
services
of a SMS manager. For testing purpose, you can use Kannel's
test_http_server
program from test directory. It will dump cgi vars, so you can check was
the
request correct.

> Correct me if I am wrong The test_ppg tool push the file content using
> the control.txt to the test_ppg_server, the kannel wapbox fetches the
> message and start the push which is sent to the smsbox specified and
> sent to the SMSC. If this is the case I can change the SMSC to my GSM
> Modem and can push it out to a handset.

Yes. You can use GSM modem as a virtual SMSC. Configure at smsc as
specified
in the userguide (autodetection of the modem works nicely.)

aarno