> I'm curious to know how you could "see" that Kannel sent and enquire_link
> PDU.  Sometimes it helps.

In the kannel source code, there is a file "gw/smsc_smpp.c".
At the start of this file there's "dump_pdu" function, which is
enabled by changing "#if 1" to "#if 0".

Rebuild your kannel and you'll have a dump of all PDUs in the
"bearrer.log".

> Going to your problem, I have a similar behaviour with Logica SMSC and the
> problem was solved when the idle timeout of the SMSC was increased.  That
> means the SMSC was waiting PDUs for a time shorter than the Kannel was
> senting PDUs.  I didn't see a way to do the inverse configuration on
> Kannel's side, but would be good, if possible.

I have successfully connected to the same SMSC as a "bind_receiver" with
a perl program, and it works very well. It's strage that the
"transmit" part of kannel works ok.

--
Damjan Georgievski              |           Дамјан Георгиевски
Skopje, Macedonia               |           Скопје, Македонија