don't use the --force switch to install RPMs, unless you are 200% sure you know what
you are doing - it can cause tons of grief if used w/o proper caution. the --nodeps
OTOH is usually quite safe - unless you are upgrading glibc or something, at the most
it would cause your newly installed software not to work.

Generally speaking , the dependency problem is a know redhat problem and can be easly
solved by --rebuilding the source RPM on your machine.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions

+972-9-9581711 (116)
+972-67-340014

::..
"An assertion is Zen only when it is itself an act and does not refer to anything that
is asserted in it."
        -- (from Bruce Lee's book, The Tao of Jeet Kune Do)