Just use the standard AT commands to access the SMS content of the phone. I can not
guarantee that they will work for your phone but give them a go. Look on the web at
http://www.fastlogic.co.za/faq59.htm for details of the following commands:

AT+CSMS Select Message Service
AT+CPMS Preferred Message Service
AT+CMGF Message Format
AT+CSCA Service Centre Address
AT+CSCB Cell Broadcast Message Type
AT+CSAS Save Settings
AT+CRES Restore Settings
AT+CNMI New Message Indication to TE
AT+CMGL List Message
AT+CMGR Read Message
AT+CMGS Send Message
AT+CMSS Send From Storage
AT+CMGW Write Message To Memory
AT+CMGD Delete Message
AT+CMGC Send Command

AT*ESTL SMS Template List Edit (maybe Ericsson specific)

                Regards, Richard