From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Gadde, Srinivas
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 7:38 PM
To: Jacob Vennervald Madsen
Cc: Kannel Lists
Subject: RE: Does PHP support CIMD2 protocol some how ???????????

Since I am new to Kannel. What do I need to build a SMS server with web
enabled (HTTP)
And WAP and APN (GSM Modem) and backend J2EE like Tomcat.

I also need info on GSM Modem to LC carrier OTA interface. So one need
to buy GSM Modem from LC. So if my kannel server (SMS server -- MMSC) is
routing to various networks I need GSM Modems one per each area.

Probably a white paper link might be helpful.

Initially I thouught I can just use PHP with CIMD2 and have a web server
to send messages back to LC (local carrier) after doing my business
logic processing on my backend portion of my web server. Since initial
costs I would like to reduce I chose the path of yahoo professional web
page option for this server, which is PHP and mySql.

All that I need is SMS messages coming to my server, process and if need
to be send SMS messages out to the wireless network or other web
servers.

I have been away from GPRS and 3GPP for a while, so I lost some
historical developments that might have happened.