Chin Kok Joon wrote:
Hi,

Hello.

I have configure the kannel.conf file with the snippet as follow Group = smsbox
Sendsms-port = 13013
Bearerbox-host = localhost
Global-sender = 13013
Log-file = "/var/log/kannel/smsbox.log"
Log-level = 2
group = sendsms-user
username = test
password = test123
group = sms-service
keyword = HELLO
get-url="http://localhost/test/save_msg.php?to=%P&text=%S

Looks good.

after configure the kannel.conf I run it (bearerbox and later the smsbox
it runs as it suppose to with no error insight). Then based on the
documentation, I use my browser to run the url which is as below
http://localhost:13013/cgi-bin/sendsms?to=123456
<http://localhost:13013/cgi-bin/sendsms?to=123456&text=HELLO+toyou>
&text=HELLO+toyou
and got a reply sent.

And this is exactly what is supposed to happen. It sends the SMS saying "HELLO toyou" *OUT* to the phone number you have specifed, namely 123456. I'm guessing that you don't have terminal with that number, so you don't get to see the message. Switch your own mobile number there and witness how the message arrives.

Outgoing messages do not trigger anything more than logging.

My question is based on the configuration set (the last line in the
kannel config snippet, get-url above) why is it not running my php
script?

Because the configuration in question handles the *INCOMING* messages.

To be more specific, once you (or more accurately, your Kannel) receive an sms that has "HELLO" as the first word, your script will be called.

You should note that whatever your webserver responds in the HTTP response body gets sent back to the mobile terminal that sent the message which triggered the service. Kannel user guide at http://www.kannel.org/userguide.shtml has more info.

--
Dig trenches? With our men being killed off like flies?
There isn't time to dig trenches. We'll have to buy them ready made.