On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Mikko Kiesilä wrote:

> > Thanks for the idea.I will try this. But I like know, Is it
> > possible to make the kannel like as sendmail application and use
> > some front end application, like pine, to manage the SMS.
>
> Well. Kannel is just a gateway, it does not store the messages
> anywhere, it just passes them somewhere, mostly by HTTP. So the
> sendmail analogy is is not quite correct as sendmail does the
> storing to /var/spool/mail/your-name, but Kannel does not store the
> message anywhere.

[ Note: I am NOT an expert in both Kannel and Sendmail ]

Kannel also storing/dumbing the SMS in store-file. If that part is
modified to store in such a manner so that the clients can access it.

> So, once you get the SMSs stored somewhere you need a separate
> application to read them, just like in sendmail. But since the
> storage place is custom made every time, there does not exist[*]
> ready made application that you could just install and start to read
> your SMSs like email.

Kannel Group can make it as std like /var/spool/sms/mynumber. I think,
this is make kannel more useful.

Bye :)
--
Bharathi S,    Midas Team, (__)