PPG SMS level delivery report are used for following purposes:
a) testing (did the phone get the push at all, or did it just ignore it)
b) for fallback services: if the phone did get the sms, but did not
understand it, the server can send some fallback sms (like your
content is available in the certain website).

As wap specs go, you should use confirmed push here. Problem
is that only a few phones support it.

I am not entirely against adding ppg sms dlrs to the db, but then
everyone should understand what ppg sms dlr means.

Aarno