Dear Essien,

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 19:51 +0100, Essien Ita Essien wrote:
> Iā€™m trying to setup an SMSC router, to route services from a phone network
> to a content provider somewhere else. The setup looks like this.
>

> [GSM Provider] ------------ā†’[modem]---------ā†’
> [my_kannel_box(tm)]----(internet)----------->[content_provider]
>
> I have an smsc defining the at modem, which correctly delivers MO's to
> my_kannel_box(tm) :).
> The problem is that, I want to forward the MO's to [content_provider], not
> process it locally.
>
> I have the following. Note that these are not complete snippets, just (I
> think) important parts.
>
> group = core
> smsbox-port = 50000
>

> group=smsc
> smsc = at
> smsc-id = mdm
> reroute = yes
> reroute-smsc-id = cntprv
>
> group = smsc
> smsc = smpp
> smsc-id = cntprv
> host = "foo.bar"
> port = "50000"
>

> Is this *picture complete* ? am I missing any piece of the puzzle? I
> actually still don't understand how all the pieces fit together, so any
> explanation accompanying will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thnx,
>
> Essien

What is the protocol used to communicate to Content Provider from Kannel
Box? Is it SMPP, as defined in the smsc gropu declaration? In this part,
it would we easier to communicate through HTPP.

You could do that by setting your Content-Provider URL in get-url
parameter. Or, you could define http smsc, as describe in
http://kannel.org/download/1.4.0/userguide-1.4.0/userguide.html#AEN2103

hope this help
--tjatur