Hi there,

    Maybe if you explain what kind of services will you provide, it
will be easier to give you some advice. If you really need to talk
_only_ SMPP, you may try PHP - SMPP class. But (again, depending on
what you try to do) it may be worth the effort of trying Kannel.

    I will not describe Kannel architecture here, but Kannel talks
HTTP with your application (what makes life a lot easier) and several
protocols (including SMPP) with the carriers.

    Best regards,

Rodrigo.