Hi

On 5/16/06, Julius David Bacolod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm resigned using the SQLBox patch since I do not have a way to know the
problem.

Why? Which Problem do you have with sqlbox?

 Basically, what I need to do is

 Task#1: Mobile Terminated (MT) messages be automatically inserted in MySQL
database.

 Task#2: Mobile Originated (MO) messages be automatically inserted in MySQL
database.
 I've heard someone who used PHP to do insertion to database. What I plan to
do is this (as from my understanding of kannel):

 Use PHP script to act as an intermediary between Kannel and MySQL.

You can do it. But why? This is exactly what sqlbox does!

 Question#1:
              In ~/gateway-1.4.0/contribs/php-admin folder, there is a
script named sendsms.php. Is it the script that runs http interface sendsms
interface?

No it isn't.
The HTTP interface to send sms messages is in smsbox. To know how to
use it, take a look to:

"Using the HTTP interface to send SMS messages":
http://www.kannel.org/download/kannel-userguide-snapshot/userguide.html#AEN4180

sendsms.php use this interface to send sms with a pretty "html form".

 Assumption#1:
             ~/gateway-1.4.0/contribs/php-admin/sendsms.php is the script
that the gateway runs when using the http interface in sending sms (Mobile
Terminated, MT).

No it isn't.

 Question#2:
           If Assumption#1 holds, I have an idea of inserting codes in it
that connects to a MySQL database and would automatically insert MT
messages. Is it feasible? Is my idea alright?

 Question#3
           But this will only solve Task#1. How about Task#2? How will I use
PHP to "track" incoming messages? What part of Kannel can PHP communicate so
as to "sense" Mobile Originated (MO) messages?

Commonly MO messages are routed to some script (which are defined for
you). If you decide to go without sqlbox then that script must to log
the traffic.

 Assumption#2:
           ~/gateway-1.4.0/contribs/php-admin/sendsms.php is NOT the script
or program that the gateway executes when using the http interface in
sending SMS. It some other programs or gatewat mechanism which I am do not
know.

yes, look at my first answer

 Question#4:
           If Assumption#2 holds, how will I use PHP to track outgoing (MT)
messages? Question#3 is also repeated. How will I use PHP to "sense"
incoming (MO) messages.

Yes, If you want to do it by a php script add some code in sensms.php
for insert into mysql databases and use it.

 Question#5:
           As from my understanding of Kannel, it is the bearerbox that
sends and receives messages. Is there some way that PHP can communicate with
the bearerbox?

Yes bearerbox sends and receives mesages ***from the SMSC or modem**,
but smsbox implements the rest of the SMS gateway functionality
receving SMS messages from the bearerbox, and interprets them as
service request.

 Question#6:
            Since I would be using PHP as an intermediary between Kannel and
MySQL, will it be necessary to use "./configure --with-mysql" in compiling
the gateway?

er.. No. --with-mysql flag is used for store DLR information into a
MySQL database.

 Question#7:
             Will I still need to configure DLR group in conf? What role
will DLR play in my setup, assuming it is correct? (I can hardly understand
DLR until now, because I cannot compile well).

Delivery Reports contains status of certain transactions. Such as
submit_sm. These delivery reports comes from the SMSC and is routed by
bearerbox to dlr-url.

 Pardon for silly questions. Thanks for those who can bear with them and
answer them.

 "Suffer the little children..." Mark 10:13

 Julius

Nobody is born knowing.
Anyway, take a look to user-guida and kannel architecture

http://www.kannel.org/download/kannel-userguide-snapshot/userguide.html
http://www.kannel.org/download/1.3.2/arch-1.3.2/arch.html

Regards,
Martín

[...]

New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save
big.