Alejandro Guerrieri wrote:
Stipe,

Thanks for the reply.

SIGTERM or SIGINT would in fact shutdown kannel? That's great, so I'll
switch from SIGKILL then (ops!) :)

yep, of course... gw/bearerbox.c:

[...]
static void setup_signal_handlers(void)
{
    struct sigaction act;

    act.sa_handler = signal_handler;
    sigemptyset(&act.sa_mask);
    act.sa_flags = 0;
    sigaction(SIGINT, &act, NULL);
    sigaction(SIGTERM, &act, NULL);
    sigaction(SIGQUIT, &act, NULL);
    sigaction(SIGHUP, &act, NULL);
    sigaction(SIGPIPE, &act, NULL);
}
[...]

I usually send an administrative shutdown from the web interface,
before shutting down, but the corruption persists. BTW, it's
intermitent, last night it restarted without problems. I experienced
the same problem on two different setups and platforms (both Linux,
one FC2 and one Centos4.4)

Regarding this:

> 2. It would be _way_ cool to get the message ID from the offending
> message on the log file, so it can be deleted.

???

I've meant to say that when kannel PANICs and die, it just says
"PANIC: Not handled sms-type within store". If, for instance, the
message could be "PANIC: Not handled sms-type within store. Message
ID: xx/whatever-message-id", I could just delete the message from
store and try again.

ok, understand, this may be an option. Need to check.

If I'd like to change the behaviour from PANIC to WARNING, where
should I start looking?.

Obviously grep for the error message in the code.

An alternate approach could be to move the failing messages to a
"quarantine" folder, so they can be checked later. I could even setup
a cron job to check on that folder, so I can be notified. That way, I
can rest assured that kannel will keep on going no matter if one or
two messages get corrupted.

yep, the "keep on running even while failures happen" is a good demand, that should be the most important principle.

Stipe

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org