Dear List,

I've recompiled Kannel a couple of days ago to latest CVS, 20070201.
I've chose to use the new spool directory to store messages.

Since then, I've experienced a strange problem when restarting kannel:
sometimes, the store seems to get corrupted, so I get a "PANIC: Not
handled sms-type within store" and Kannel stops.

I've experienced a similar problem with an older install (20060830 or
near) on another server using the good ol' store file (sometimes the
store gets corrupted and I have to manually delete the store file to
get it going again) so I'm not sure if it's really related with the
kind of store I'm using but maybe with kannel not properly closing
files when it's shutting down

The log file didn't show too much information. Even with the spool
directory, there's no way to determine what messages are causing the
PANIC.

I've inspected the spool directory and found most messages sizing 366
bytes, though many were smaller (294 and 296 bytes generally). I've
tried deleting some of them to no avail. I've finally gave up and
remove all folders from my store spool folder and Kannel started again
with no problems.

So, my questions/suggestions are:

1. Is there anything I might be doing wrong to cause the message
corruption during restarts? What's the "proper" way to kill kannel and
start it again?
2. It would be _way_ cool to get the message ID from the offending
message on the log file, so it can be deleted.
3. What's the real meaning of "Not handled sms-type"?
4. Is there any way to just ignore/skip this message(s) and keep on going?

Alejandro Guerrieri
Magicom
http://www.magicom-bcn.net/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/aguerrieri