Hi,

I have kannel running in the phone-as-smsc mode (with a Nokia VI-3155i).

My requirement is to establish a SMPP connection between an external
application and Kannel, and send SMSs using kannel in phone-as-smsc
mode.

Is it possible to use kannel in the above mentioned setup?

If the answer to the above question is yes, what modifications would I
need in my configuration file for the desired setup?

I read the SMPP section of the Kannel user guide and found the sample
configuration provided is for the Kannel as a SMPP-client while I
require it to work as a SMPP-server.

The sample configuration is repeated here below for convenience.

group = smsc

smsc = smpp

host = 123.123.123.123

port = 600

receive-port = 700

smsc-username = "STT"

smsc-password = foo

system-type = "VMA"

address-range = ""

The configuration in my file with the phone-as-smsc mode is as below.

group = smsbox

bearerbox-host = 127.0.0.1

sendsms-port = 13013

global-sender = 13013