Hello,
I was wodering if anyone out there knows of any tested / working phones or gsm modems that work in the US with the New AT&T/Cingular. I've been scouring the archives and haven't found any working solutions, I only need it to send / receive sms messages, and already have a phone and SIM with cingular. Currently, we're using gnokii-smd + mysql in conjunction with a nokia 5190, but this doesn't seem to be a very reliable solution, as gnokii- smsd looses the connection to mysql on a semi regular basis.

Searching online I've found this GSM modem available in the U.S.,
Multitech AT&T Dual Band GSM/GPRS 850/1900 MHz Wireless Cellular Modem US MTCBA-G-UF2-AWS http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/detail.asp? dpno=646429&Redir=1&description=Multitech-AT&T%20Dual%20Band%20GSM/ GPRS%20850/1900%20MHz%20Wireless%20Cellular%20Modem%20US-Wireless% 20Modems

but I'm wondering if anyone out there has tested it, or knows of another tested and working setup.

Currently we're using ubuntu server 7.04, but we're willing to change the configuration and acquire new hardware in order to get a reliable solution in place.

Thanks,

-Ben