To: <users@kannel.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 4:56 AM
Subject: international mobile numbering

hi all,

firstly thank you so much to Alejandro Guerrieri, Bernd Mielke and Hanna Kreitem for their latest conributions to the mobile number validation list.

your changes are now live on:

http://www.workingsoftware.com.au/mobile_numbering.txt

Bernd, if you look at Germany there are a couple of questions for you there.

if anyone hasn't yet, it would be great if you could look at your own country in that list and give me the correct format like:

COUNTRY CODE,AREA CODE,NUM DIGITS

i think it's best if we keep it more general, as in "close enough is good enough". for example, for the Australian number format i just have:

61,4,8

the fact that 0499 123 456 may not be a valid number (yet!) isn't really a concern, but i can detect if someone:

1) types in 0405 xxx xxx i can put it into 61 405 xxx xxx without them needing to type in international format, because i know they live in australia

2) types 0405 xxx xx or 0405 xxx xxxx because the numbers are the wrong length.

or if someone tried to send a message to a 1999 xxx xxx premium SMS number or a landline (hey, people do strange things) then it wouldn't validate.

so keeping this in mind it would be great if everyone could please take a look at their country and send me the required format.

cheers

iain