From: Jovan Kostovski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 5:42 AM
To: users@kannel.org
Subject: Re: Kannel Redundant Setup

2008/1/14 Mathieu Bruneau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  We are looking into making our current Kannel setup more redundant that
> what we currently uses and I was wondering what were other people solutions
> to this problem.

Just few thoughts:

If you are setting up two server nodes in the cluster why don't you
double all the processes?
Two nodes with installed apache, mysql, bearerbox, smsbox....
The cluster nodes will have separate IP addresses but for the outside
world they will share one IP address
which is "attached" to the active node.

Both severs will have one system partition and there will be one partition
with config and data files which will be mounted to the active node.

When ever the active node fails the software which makes the fail over will
transfer the running processes to the standby node and mount the
data partition to the standby node.

This way you will not have problems with the smsbox connecting to the
bearerbox, you'll have one
connection to the SMSC, and there will be no pending messages if one
bearerbox fails the other one
on the second node will take over and will read the same data files

BR, Jovan

believed to be clean.